Recorded on Wednesday, February 10th, 2016.
If you enjoy this episode, share it with a friend and leave a review on iTunes. Thanks so much! xx
- “I was in a really miserable, depressed state of feeling like I didn’t have any control of what was going on in my life and I was in a shared kitchen so I didn’t have control of the food coming into the house for my own body or my daughter’s body. Then I was introduced to green smoothies and it transformed my life, but I had no idea what the ripple effect of that transformation would be.” -Jadah
- Jadah used green smoothies to kick start 27 pounds of weight loss in three months. A year later her and her friend, Jen, started a Simple Green Smoothies Instagram account to empower others to eat healthier.
- We chat about the power of transforming your life and health through baby steps.
- “I think that’s the big thing, committing to one simple habit and allowing that to be the domino effect of everything else.” -Jadah
- “We’re not the first people to share green smoothies, but we wanted to make it young, hip, vibrant, and also easy to consume. We really wanted to take the guess work out of being healthy and also make it taste good!” -Jadah
- “We’re real moms and so we don’t want to be starving, we don’t want to be ‘hangry’, where we’re hungry and angry, and loosing it with our kids and with our husbands. So, we’re very intentional with the type of products and recipes that we create for our community.” -Jadah
- “We need to enjoy the journey getting to that end-game result we’re trying to get to.” -Jadah
- “Attaining lasting happiness requires that we enjoy the journey on our way toward a destination we deem valuable. Happiness, therefore, is not about making it to the peak of the mountain, nor is it about climbing aimlessly around the mountain: happiness is the experience of climbing toward the peak.” -Tal Ben-Shahar
- “Start your day with easy wins.” -Jadah
- Jadah shares the three easy things she does each morning to get her day off to a great start.
- “Schedule your self-care like a doctor’s appointment. My yoga is a non-negotiable.” -Jadah
- “Give yourself permission to dream and allow your dreams to expand and shift and change, as you do. I think giving yourself permission to have your head in the clouds is totally health and makes me so happy.” -Jadah
- “Health is a vehicle, not a destination.” -Joshua Rosenthal
- Jadah answers the question, “What if I don’t like leafy greens?” and suggests her Beginner’s Luck green smoothie recipe.
- Take a peak at Jadah’s Blender Guide.
- Jadah shares great tips on how to make green smoothies sweeter/kid-friendly. For more check out her Green Smoothie Kids Corner.
- She also shares some “green-smoothie hacks”. Like, what to do when you make a gross green smoothie and you can’t bring yourself to drink it, but you don’t want to waste it.
Connect With Jadah
Jadah Sellner is an author, international keynote speaker, poet, and the co-founder of Simple Green Smoothies –– the #1 green smoothie online resource. She and her friend, Jen Hansard, host the wildly popular (and free) 30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge at SimpleGreenSmoothies.com. Their “healthy obsession” with green smoothies has become a global movement where over one million people have embraced this simple and healthy habit.
In 2009, Jadah became an entrepreneur and now helps creatives, bloggers, and small business owners build communities with love, impact, and world-changing ideas at JadahSellner.com.
When Jadah’s not blending spinach, you can catch her reading Shel Silverstein poems at the dinner table, having epic dance parties, and helping dreamers change the world. Jadah lives in the San Francisco bay area with her husband, George, daughter Zoe, and their little “chiweenie” dog, Clementine.
Connect With Annalicia
Annalicia Lynn is a writer, speaker, coach, podcaster, and founder of YogaAndPilatesOnline.com. She is a health & fitness contributor to CBS Minnesota News, Twin Cities Live, The Huffington Post, Mind Body Green, ELITE DAILY, GetHealthyU, and Cameron Diaz’s Body Book Blog. Through her Free 3-Day Gentle Jumpstart, Yoga & Pilates Online Membership program, podcast, speaking, coaching, and writing, Annalicia helps women across the globe transcend the fears, doubts, and excuses blocking them from the fit, healthy lifestyles they desire. With 10+ years of teaching experience and a life’s journey of lessons to share, she guides others on their path to achieving the lives & bodies they’ve always wanted – on terms rooted in deep self-understanding and self-care.