Recorded on Thursday, August 27th, 2015.
Contains adult conversation and some *explicit* language.
If you enjoy this episode, share it with a friend and leave a review on iTunes. Thanks so much! xx
- Nicole shares her personal health and hormonal struggles.
- “Once I got on the pill, I quote-on-quote regulated my period, but really what was happening was I just stopping ovulation and then that kicked off another hormonal imbalance. So, I almost went from having too many hormones to have too little hormones and that caused a lot of health issues.” -Nicole
- Her personal struggles became the catalyst for the work she does today. She’s passionate about being open to many different modalities to help heal the root cause of women’s health issues.
- Nicole’s training is extensive…
- “Hormones basically run our entire bodies. They’re responsible for like 98% of things that happen in a woman’s body.” – Nicole
- Nicole’s goal with all women she impacts with her work is to increase their intuition and sense of empowerment. She’s not interested in masking symptoms. Instead, she helps women get to the root level of what’s going on.
- “It’s really about being your own advocate and then using whatever modality feels best to you.” -Annalicia
- “If we don’t pay attention to that inner wisdom for long periods of time it becomes a smaller voice. But, when we don’t listen to our gut we always end up regretting it and I think that’s important to remember when it comes to our health.” -Nicole
- Nicole says that most women think they have a really unique problem, but for the most part, the underlying cause of all unique problems can be linked back to just a few hormones. She discusses these hormones and how diet and lifestyle affect them.
- She shares a lot about the supplements worth taking to improve your hormonal health.
- Nicole offers a lot of comfort, assuring that multiple symptoms doesn’t usually mean hundreds of things are going wrong in your body. Instead, multiple symptoms are often pointing at only a few, root-level things that need to be addressed. She says it doesn’t have to take a ton of time or hard work either.
- “Miracles can happen in a really short space of time and with kind of minimal effort. It doesn’t have to be this life-changing, dramatic thing. I can actually be small doable changes. ” -Nicole
- Nicole says your period is like your monthly report card.
- She offers some amazing tips to get healthy, glowing skin. She also shares great advice on natural ways to boost your fertility.
- “At the end of the day, your fertility is all about where your hormonal levels are at.” -Nicole
- We talk about stress and how it affects your health and hormones.
- “Our bodies are exactly the same as they were 10,000 years ago, genetically speaking, and everything has changed on our planet in the last 30 years. It’s bizarre. We’re literally running from that sabre tooth tiger 90% of the time vs. 10% of the time like our ancestors were and our bodies don’t know the difference between running from that tiger and being stuck in traffic or having a really awful conversation with our boss. Our bodies perceive that stress exactly the same.” -Nicole
- “When you connect back with your body and how your hormones are supposed to function, it’s the most amazing thing. You literally start to feel like yourself again.” -Nicole
- Nicole says problematic symptoms are simply your body asking you to do something differently.
- “You are the queen of your health and the designer of your life.” -Nicole
Books & Resources Mentioned
- Period Repair Manual by Laura Briden, ND
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, MPH
- Get Off the Birth Control Pill the Right Way by Nicole Jardim
- The Business of Being Born by Ricki Lake & Abby Epstein
- Sweetening the Pill
Connect With Nicole
Nicole Jardim is a Young Women’s Hormonal Health Coach and creator of Fix Your Period, a series of programs that empower women to reclaim their hormonal health in a fun and sassy way. She has helped thousands of women from all around the world who are struggling with PCOS, infertility, amenorrhea, PMS and much more. Rather than treating problems or symptoms, Nicole treats women by addressing the root cause of what’s really going on in their bodies and minds. She passionately believes that the fundamentals to healing any hormonal imbalance lie in an approach that addresses the unique physiology of every woman. This is essential to reclaiming and maintaining feminine vitality at any age.
Connect With Annalicia
Annalicia Lynn is a writer, speaker, coach, podcaster, and founder of YogaAndPilatesOnline.com. She is a health & fitness contributor to CBS Minnesota News, Twin Cities Live, The Huffington Post, Mind Body Green, ELITE DAILY, GetHealthyU, and Cameron Diaz’s Body Book Blog. Through her Free 3-Day Gentle Jumpstart, Yoga & Pilates Online Membership program, podcast, speaking, coaching, and writing, Annalicia helps women across the globe transcend the fears, doubts, and excuses blocking them from the fit, healthy lifestyles they desire. With 10+ years of teaching experience and a life’s journey of lessons to share, she guides others on their path to achieving the lives & bodies they’ve always wanted – on terms rooted in deep self-understanding and self-care.